Monday, January 6, 2014

Operation: Organization


Happy Monday, friends! As we head into our first full week of the new year, do you have organization on your mind? Have you started creating lists? Or have you already started the big 2014 purge? You're not alone in that mindset. The turn of a new year, along with new year's resolutions, inspires people to make changes…and typically one of the top 5 resolutions is to be more organized.

Even someone as organized as yours truly has aspirations to be *more* organized in 2014. Yup, it's possible! I'm not a new year's resolution girl. If I feel like setting goals or making changes I do that at any point during the year, with an equal amount of motivation. But I do have big ideas and plans not only for this blog and business, but my house as well. This year I want to hire less contractors and do more building myself.

Oh yes, you read that right. Lord help my friends over at Home Depot for they are going to get to know me even better this year.

Building my own built-in bookshelves in the office and master bedroom, garage shelving and a mudroom in the garage? Yes, big goals, but I'm up for the challenge. And I'll feel more satisfied knowing I did it myself, saved money…and it's my insane idea of fun!

So while we have organization on the brain this new year, I'm excited to share a great series that is being hosted by friends over at 11 Magnolia Lane - Operation: Organization. I was even more excited when they invited me to join them by contributing!

The series kicked off last Friday with Janis from All Things Beautiful. She shared this awesome DIY jewelry organizer

Then Saturday Amanda at Dixie Delights shared my dream garage. Ummmm, hello lover…my heart just melted...

Oh yes, she built it!!

And yes, she's about to be my new BFF and blog crush…she just doesn't know it yet. ;-)

Now it's my turn today and I'm sharing my tips for how I organized our playroom here at the new house, while keeping it warm, family-friendly and eye-clutter-free. If your kiddos received a sleigh-load of toys over the holidays (raising my hand!), you might have organized toys on the top of your new year's list!

You won't want to miss the other great ideas lined up in the coming days….

Monday, 1/6: Samantha at Simply Organized
Tuesday, 1/7: Amanda at Burlap & Denim
Wednesday, 1/8: Christy at 11 Magnolia Lane
Thursday, 1/9: Jenn at My Fabuless Life
Friday, 1/10: Debbie at reFresh reStyle
Saturday, 1/11: Amy at 11 Magnolia Lane
Sunday, 1/12: Terry at 11 Magnolia Lane

Have a great day and get inspired friends! It's a new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment