Monday, January 13, 2014

Home Management Binder - Little Tweaks


A few months ago I shared my new simple home management binder


I created the binder using the Martha Stewart Home Office collection from Staples. Everyone has a different idea of how to organize their life and I love that her collection allows you to create a binder that works for you…

The notebook on top is my blog organizer...



Of course, this month I started by updating my home management binder with a new 2014 calendar. There is so much to love about this simple and organized binder, but I love the calendar. I am loving all the space there is to write in a daily schedule and other little reminders…

But I had a few annoying little tweaks that needed to be done this new year.

One small tweak I made was making better use of the bottom two sections of the calendar, shaded in teal. Now I have a spot to write in our babysitter's schedule. She only works 1-2 times a week, max. But I have to keep track of her schedule for payment. I also added a section for the blog. Just a little note that reminds me what I am posting that day / week…

I've also been using strips of washi tape to make note of special or important dates...

Last weekend I went to Little Rock, my home away from home, to spend a weekend with my girls. That trip definitely deserved a strip of washi….



The biggest annoyance for me? This is how my "to do list" section looked….



** Personal info has been blurred out.

I had a main page that was my to-do's that were to be done now. Then I had pages and pages following that were things I wrote when they came to mind. It bothered me to turn to that section and have everything jumbled together. I had to flip page after page to find something I needed.

To fix that little issue, I bought these post-it tabs…

The little case is small enough to fit in the front zippered pocket of the binder...

I just used my label maker to create subcategories...


The sub-categories added to my to do section; today, call, list…

And the sub-categories for my home project section...

The tabs are really sturdy and re-useable...

I added a few tabs in my blog organizer too...



Specifically in my business section…

This is the year my business gets off the ground, so a lot of time has been spent talking to my business coach, Charlie...

And what business doesn't have these...

The tabs fit right in…

I have already found many other uses for these tabs. You can turn any simple pad of paper into a little organized notebook by adding these tabs. Organization doesn't have to be complicated or fancy. Keep it simple and assemble a system that works for you.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I found your website perfect for my needs. Thanks for sharing the great ideas. Whole article is too good and well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must know by now, your piece goes to the core of the issue. Your lucidity leaves me wanting to know more. Just so you know, i will forthwith grab your feed to keep up to date with your site. Saying thanks is simply my little way of saying great job for a marvellous resource. Take On my dearest wishes for your incoming article.  ac installation flower Plano

    ReplyDelete