Friday, December 6, 2013

Smart as a Door Knob


Yup, there were plenty of funny statements conjured up for the title of this post. Even some really lame knock knock jokes. But when it comes down to it, I'm pretty dumb…..Dumb that I waited so long to put door knobs on all of the doors in this house. Yes, since move-in most of the doors in this house have looked like this…


Nothing like having little eyes peer in at you while you go to the bathroom. Or take a shower. Or get dressed. Let's just say I had a house full of small peeping toms.

HAD!

When the painter removed the hardware for the sanding / painting process, I asked him to put the completed doors back up while I searched for new knobs. Little did I know this decision would take 4 months. Between life's general busyness and my picky taste, it took me a while…what can I say?

The old knobs looked like this. Old and brassy throughout…that is on the doors with knobs remaining…





The doors with knobs were basically any door that was an exterior on the other side. Hello, I did need to lock some doors around here. Locking a bathroom door though? Forget about it!

Actually, when I hosted my nieces bridal shower at the house a few weeks ago I did break down and buy ONE knob for the hall bathroom that guests would use. The shower forced me into making a style / design / color choice, and I'm glad it did because this house looks awesome with door knobs! Who knew?!

Told you, I'm dumb. Of course the house would look better with knobs.

But now - smart smart girl! Learned how to install a door knob and did the job in one whopping day.

I spent all day yesterday installing the knobs throughout the house, including all doors with an exterior side; front door, 4 sets of french doors, door to garage and the door from the garage to the yard.

For those wondering, I chose the Schlage line. Went with Georgian Satin Nickel...

Looking gorgeous dolls!...




My favorite knob? The front door! It's all grown up now…


Here is the inside of the front door...

A little before and after of the front door…along with a Christmas decor sneak peek!…



Doesn't that knob totally change the look of the front door? 

Amazing!

Not only do these knobs update the look of the house and compliment the rest of the furnishings and interior paint colors, but they're functional. The old knobs were literally falling apart. The other day I opened a french door to get something from the yard and the handle broke off in my hand. Gotta love that! It was time to get this project knocked off the old list. Took a full day, but so so worth it!



Y'all have a great weekend and don't forget to enter this week's giveaway - 2 winners will each received an awesome Car Cache! Enter here!...

No comments:

Post a Comment