Wintertime is the perfect time to complete various home improvement/remodel projects that require you to be inside. The short days and cold weather allow us to focus on the interior of our homes, garages, or basements. Below are some great home improvement projects to keep you busy this winter.
1. Kitchen - Winter is a great time to consider a kitchen remodel. You can do a simple face lift or a complete remodel. A face lift can be very simple like new paint and cabinet re-facing. These simple changes will give your kitchen a new look and feel. A slightly bigger job can include new countertops and appliances. If you're looking for a full remodel, this will include cabinets, countertops, flooring, lighting, backsplash, appliances, paint and accessories. It may sound overwhelming but with a little planning and the right contractor it will make your winter a lot more exciting!
|Kitchen Remodel by Kruse Home Improvement|
2. Flooring - Heated floors have become increasingly popular. Nuheat Floor Heating Systems is a clean soundless system that brings warmth to any space and provides radiant zone heating which is very energy efficient. Zone heating uses a programmable thermostat, heating room by room, use by use - providing heat only where you want, when you want it. For more information on heated flooring visit www.nuheat.com.
3. Bathroom - Winter is a good time to launch a complete bathroom remodel. Install a new sink, medicine cabinet or recessed cabinet. Focus on the lighting in your bathroom and consider new faucets. If you feel up for a complete remodel then pick out a new tub and shower. Once this remodel is done you can choose new colors or wall paper to highlight your stunning new bathroom. To finish the new look, you can pick out rugs and towels. A completely remodeled bathroom will give you a great feeling of satisfaction.
|Bathroom Remodel by Kruse Home Improvement|
4. Painting - Changing the color in a room or just simply putting a fresh coat of paint on the walls can completely change the look and feel of a room. You can paint a room over the weekend or consider painting a room each month. When finished, you can spruce the room up more by replacing the switch plates and outlet covers. You'll love the new look!
5. Garage - If your garage is not insulated, the cold days may be a good time to hang insulation and sheet rock. A finished garage can increase the value of your home and give you a nice area to work in for other projects.
6. Basement - Winter is also great time to finish the basement. You can hang insulation and sheet rock to turn the basement into a utility room, game room, guest room, or family room. A finished basement not only allows you to add comfortable, dry and healthy living space for a fraction of the cost but it increases property value. It often times ends up being the favorite room of the house.
|Basement Remodel by Kruse Home Improvement|
7. Touch Ups - Perform little touch ups around your home. Try to focus on installing crown molding, refinishing a banister, placing new baseboard or weather-stripping your doors. There are always small projects around the house to undertake that you might have let ride over the year. Winter is the right time to get those small jobs done.