|Kitchen Remodel Done by KHI|
If you’re thinking about a home remodeling project, here are several reasons why winter may be the best time to do your project:
- Flexibility in Scheduling. It is usually easier for some contractors to schedule work in winter months because there is a lot less exterior work being done. This will free up a contractor’s schedule for interior projects such as painting, replacing flooring, repairing drywall, updating lighting and replacing cabinetry.
- More Availability. During the winter you may find that your contactor may have more time to work with you in planning and designing your project. This would be a good time for refining the details before the work begins. This process may take slightly longer as work picks up for your contractor in the spring with outdoor projects.
- Avoid Spring Price Increases. Now is the time to take advantage of lower prices. For example, if you’re remodeling your kitchen, you may find close-out prices on appliances and be able to purchase materials before manufacturers increase prices. During the winter, manufacturers may feature special offers to reduce inventory.
- Outside Projects. If the weather cooperates, you may be able to work with your contractor on outside projects to get ready for spring. Some contactors will even build decks, porches and additions for their customers in the winter.
- Vacation Time. If you are planning a vacation, it may be the perfect time to have your project done to avoid disruption of your daily activities.
Contact Kruse Home Improvement at 860.584.8784 if you'd like to obtain a price estimate for your next remodeling project.